Love handles not only look unsightly but cause discomfort when fitting into clothes. Many people struggle to lose love handles by cutting down on meals and exercising vigorously, with little or no results. The key is to eat the right food and follow the right diet plan to permanently lose those bulges at the side of your waist.
Here are some tips to knock off those wobbles:
- Avoid snacking at night especially on weekends because we don’t do much activity at night. Since there’s no consumption of energy, the excess sugar results in fat storage under the skin.
- Cut down on cookies, chips and candies because they contain high saturated fats that cause fat in the body.
- Reduce alcohol consumption as it contains no nutrients and its all fat, which generally works its way to your belly, sides and back.
- Clean your shelves off canned, processed and refined foods and instead stock up on vegetables and fruits.
- Feast on high fiber foods such as oatmeal, beans and whole grains. Foods high in calcium such as almonds and low fat dairy are also recommended.
- Include citrus, ginger and green tea in your diet.