Let your heart beat longer with these heart tips:
- Eat fiber rich food. Include vegetables, grains like jowar, bajra, oats, and brown rice in your regular diet.
- Have enough antioxidant foods regularly like green tea, different colored fruits, and vegetables.
- Have essential fatty acids like omega 3 and omega 6 rich foods. Including walnuts, almonds, flax seeds, melon seeds, pumpkin seeds and fish will benefit the heart.
- Blend of right oils like sesame, mustard, olive, coconut, rice bran are good options to chose from.
- Cut down salt intake as excess salt can increase pressure which can increase the risk of coronary heart disease.
- Monitor the alcohol content as too much can affect the heart muscle and increase the blood pressure.
- All those who are overweight should definitely look at reducing weight and fat content of the body.
- Processed foods are not only high in salt content but also there is loss of vitamins and minerals in these foods. So fast foods and processed foods are expensive both for pocket and heart.