Diabetes is a disease in which the body is unable to properly use and store glucose (a form of sugar). Glucose backs up in the bloodstream causing one’s blood glucose to rise too high. Diabetes disorder can be differentiated as Type 1, Type 2, and Gestational diabetes. The diet plan consists of functional foods and superfoods that will aid in reducing blood glucose. The use of omega 3 will reduce inflammation in the body.
- Consume small and frequent meals.
- Hydrate yourself with 2.5 – 3 liters of water/day.
- Maintain a steady workout of around 180 minutes/week.
- Restrict consumption of refined flour and its products like pastries, puffs, baked goods, biscuits, etc.
- Restrict refined sugar and its products like sweets & confectionery items.
- Avoid deep-fried and oily foods.
- Avoid consumption of condiments like pickles, papads
- Monitor the quantity of oil used whilst cooking food.
- Try and adapt to healthy snacking options over binging on namkeens, sweets, etc.