High blood pressure, also called hypertension, means there is too much pressure in your blood vessels. This can affect your blood vessels and cause health damage. The diet plan consists of foods low in sodium and rich in potassium, magnesium and calcium. This may help prevent or normalize high blood pressure.
- Consume small and frequent meals.
- Avoid skipping meals.
- Hydrate yourself with 2.5 – 3 liters of water/day.
- Maintain a steady workout of around 180 minutes/week.
- Restrict consumption of refined flour and its products like pastries, puffs, baked goods, biscuits, etc.
- Restrict refined sugar and its products like sweets & confectionery items.
- Avoid deep-fried and oily foods.
- Avoid consumption of condiments like pickles, papads.
- Restrict the amount of salt consumed in the diet.
- Monitor the quantity of oil used whilst cooking food.