Thyroid disorders are common and they include goitres, hyperthyroid, hypothyroid which affect the function of the thyroid gland. This diet plan includes different superfoods, functional foods that help in reducing the symptoms and will help you steer clear from the thyroid medication.
- Consume small and frequent meals.
- Avoid skipping of meals.
- Hydrate yourself with 2.5 – 3 liters of water/day.
- Maintain a steady workout of around 180 minutes/week.
- Restrict consumption of refined flour and its products like pastries, puffs, baked goods, biscuits, etc.
- Restrict refined sugar and its products like sweets & confectionery items.
- Avoid deep-fried and oily foods.
- Monitor the quantity of oil used whilst cooking food.
- Foods containing goitrogens such as cruciferous vegetables like cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli etc. should be avoided.
The information offered is generally intended for people in good health. Anyone with medical problems of any nature should see and consult a doctor before starting to follow the diet plan. Even if you have no known health problems, it is advisable to consult your doctor(s) before making major changes in your lifestyle.