- 1 cup barley
- 5-6 almonds roasted
- Salt to taste
- 2 large cucumbers cut into small pieces
- 2 large tomatoes cut into small pieces
- 3 tsp. celery, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 5-6 black peppercorns, crushed
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- Soak barley in three cups of water for 6 hours.
- Drain and pressure cook with 3 cups of water and salt till almost done.
- Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl combine barley, cucumbers, tomatoes, almonds, celery, coriander leaves, salt, crushed peppercorns and lime juice and toss well.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on a serving platter, transfer the tossed salad onto the lettuce bed and serve immediately.