Loaded with copper, magnesium, phosphorus and vitamin B, barley porridge is an excellent breakfast option for all those looking to lose weight. It can be made with milk and also, for all those who are lactose intolerant, with almond or coconut milk instead.
- 3 tbsp pearl barley
- 1 glass skim milk
- 1 tsp sugar
- 7-8 raisins
- 5 almonds
- Cardamom powder (Optional)
- Soak the barley seeds overnight.
- Boil the soaked barley for 10 minutes in water.
- Drain it.
- Add drained barley to boiling milk and cook for 10 minutes on a low flame.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder, almonds, and raisins.
- Serve hot or cold.