Besan omelette also known as vegetable omelette is a perfect alternative to an egg omelette for vegetarians or vegans. It is highly nutritious due to its high protein content and is a perfect meal for vegetarians to make up for their daily protein intake. Owing to its good amount of protein and fibre, it works well to control cravings, keeping you full for a longer period and thus promoting weight loss.
- ¼ cup gram flour (besan)
- 1-2 green chillies
- 1 slice grated ginger
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 large chopped tomato
- Oil as required
- Grind green chillies, ginger and garlic to a paste.
- Mix besan, ground paste, cumin seeds, coriander leaves, salt and chopped tomato.
- Add water and make a thin batter.
- Heat a tawa, grease with a little oil and then pour a little batter.
- Spread into a thin round and then cook till golden. Flip over, drizzle a little oil and cook till the other side is also golden. Serve immediately.