This is an interesting way to prepare brown rice in a palatable form so that you will not miss the original. This dish contains plenty of carotenoids, sulforaphane and indoles which are powerful phytochemicals and also provides good amounts of Vitamin B and minerals. These vital nutrients help to repair DNA, strengthen vision and improve the circulatory system.
- 3-4 tbsp basmati brown rice
- 1 tbsp of diced carrot,
- 2 tbsp cauliflower & French beans
- 1 medium size onion
- 1 small tomato
- 1 tbsp chopped, coriander leaves
- 2 tsp chopped, mint leaves
- 2-3 cloves
- 3-4 black pepper
- ¼” grated ginger
- 3 pods crushed garlic
- 1 green chilies
- 1 tsp oil
- Wash and soak the brown rice for 15 to 20 minutes. Cook the rice on fast flame for 8 minutes, and then let it simmer on low flame for 8 minutes.
- Wash and cut the vegetables. Add 1 tsp oil and saute onion, spices, tomato, grated ginger and crushed garlic.
- Grind this mixture. Saute the vegetable with 1 tsp oil and onion tomato paste.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add half portion of rice in the vessel and then add gravy, sprinkle mint leaves and then add the remaining portion of the rice over it. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve with raita.