A delicious bake of vegetables that is perfect for an easy lunch or dinner option, requiring minimum preparation and delivering maximum flavor. Feel free to add in your own creative twist with herbs and spices to suit your palate. Depending on the variety of vegetables used you get a range of antioxidants, fibre and polyphenols which are easier to digest due to the cooking process
- Assorted vegetables chopped
- Capsicum (red, green, yellow), onions, tomato, mushroom, zucchini, broccoli etc. Take any 3-4 veggies as per choice and availability.
- Desi Ghee/ white butter / olive oil-1 tsp.
- Chopped fresh parsley- 1 tbsp.
- Chopped fresh basil- 1 tbsp.
- Oregano/ marjoram – 1 pinch
- Garlic, grated or chopped – 1 clove
- Mozzarella – 1 tbsp.
- In a thick bottomed pan or a wok, heat the oil and add the vegetables in order or cooking time (those that take the longest to go in first and the fastest last). Last add the garlic and herbs stir for 1 minute and switch off the heat.
- In a baking/ pyrex dish add the sautéed vegetables, grate the cheese on top, and preheat the oven to 180 C. Bake for 20 minutes or until done.
- Serve hot