This summer recipe is very light on the stomach and is a perfect protein dinner or snack option that will help ward off hunger pangs and provide the body with all the required nutrients.
- 100 gms chicken
- ½ cup capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. chopped garlic
- ½ tsp. chopped green chili
- ¼ tsp. chopped ginger (adrak)
- ¾ cup finely chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup spinach washed and chopped
- ¼ cup sliced bell peppers
- ¼ cup red onion
- 1 handful basil leaves
- 1 bundle of spring onion green and whites separated
- Salt as required
For The Garnish
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped coriander (Dhania)
- Spring onion greens
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the red onion and saute on a slow flame until pink or soft.
- Add the garlic, ginger, chicken, chillies, spring onion (whites), salt and saute on a slow flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato, bell peppers and saute again for a few seconds.
- Add chopped spinach leaves and mix well, cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally and until dark green and wilted and chicken is thoroughly cooked. Once done take it out in a bowl and garnish with coriander leaves and spring onion.