This is a pleasant and refreshing dish that provides numerous health benefits. It is loaded with antioxidants, vitamin C, beta carotene, manganese and flavonoids. This soup is anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal and helps fight oxidative stress.
- 2 medium sized cucumbers
- 2-3 tbsp walnuts, chopped
- 2 tsp salad oil
- 1-2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 clove
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup curd
- Cut cucumbers into very small pieces.
- Keep the pieces in a bowl and add walnuts, vegetable stock, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil and cook garlic till it becomes pink in color.
- Add to the cucumber mixture.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and refrigerate for 7-8 hours.
- Take curd, add little water, make into thick buttermilk and freeze it into ice cubes.
- For serving put chilled cucumber soup in the soup bowl and top it with buttermilk ice cubes.