These Nutritious pancakes are a delicious savoury addition to any diabetic’s menu.
Low in glycemic index, and high in protein and fibre these pancakes can be eaten for any main meal.
- 1 cup yellow moong dal
- ½ cup chana dal
- ½ cup urad dal
- 2 green chilies
- ½ inch ginger
- ½ onion, roughly chopped
- Sea salt as per taste
- 1 cup quinoa
- ½ cup veggies (lauki, grated bottle gourd, methi finely chopped)
- Vegetable oil, as required (for cooking the pancake)
- ½ tsp methi seeds
- Soak yellow moong dal, chana dal, urad dal, methi seeds and quinoa for an hour.
- Grate the lauki and chop the methi leaves.
- Then in a blender add the soaked yellow moong dal, chana dal, urad dal, green chillies, methi seeds, ginger, onion, salt, soaked quinoa, lauki, methi leaves and blend them all.
- Stir the mixture once, add water and blend again.
- Keep adding water in portions, if required to get the right consistency.
- Once the batter is ready, transfer it to a large bowl.
- Now place a pan over medium-high heat, grease it with vegetable oil, pour the batter and circle it into a nice pancake.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, similarly make the other pancakes.
- Serve them with mint or amla garlic chutney.