This is a refreshing drink which is sure to revitalize your body. Have a little fun with this drink by using a different fruit each time. You can use either strawberries or kiwi or peach or orange to flavor. This tea is loaded with potent antioxidants and gingerol that will help cleanse your body and relieve psychological stress as well.
- 3 ginger tea bags
- 1 liter/4 cups boiling water
- 2 tbsp honey/palm sugar, grated
- 10 cms stick (20g) fresh lemon grass, chopped finely
- 1 small orange (90g), sliced thinly
- Strawberries finely chopped or ½ cup kiwi, finely chopped.
- ½ lemon, sliced thinly
- ½ cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves, torn
- Place tea bags and the boiling water in a large heat-proof jug; allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Discard tea bags. Add sugar or honey, lemon grass, orange or strawberries or kiwi and lemon to jug; stir to combine. Refrigerate for 5 hours, covered.
- Stir mint into cold tea, serve over ice.