Green moong dal appe is a nutritious South Indian snack, breakfast or dinner option that is not just healthy, but tasty too. It’s also a healthier alternative to suji or rice appe. It boasts of a high protein and dietary fibre content that aids in weight loss. It is easy to digest unlike a lot of other pulses and is often a favourite with kids. In addition, it is also low in fat and rich in potassium, calcium and B-complex vitamins.
- 30 gms green moong dal
- ½ tsp. chopped green chilies
- Grated ginger
- Chopped veggies (onion, carrot, beetroot)
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Soak 2-3 teaspoon of moong dal for 2 hours or till soft. Now add the moong dal into the mixer and add ginger, green chilies and salt for flavour. Using a required amount of water make a medium consistency batter.
- To this batter, add finely chopped veggies and pour a spoonful of the mixture in an appe maker or a non-stick tawa and cook using a small amount of oil.
- Once done, flip it on other side and cook until its light brown in colour and take out on a serving plate. Serve with some mint chutney.