This is a perfect snack for those facing acidity concerns as carrots, being alkaline in nature, can help control digestive juices. Carrots are also very nutritious, light and rich in a variety of minerals and vitamins.
- Carrots sliced into julienne (sticks): 1 cup
- White Butter/ Olive Oil (as recommended): ¼ tsp.
- Palm sugar/ Raw Jaggery/ Raw honey: ¼ tsp.
- Lime juice: 1 tsp
- Pink Salt as per taste
- Pepper as per taste
- Fresh chopped herbs (dill/parsley): 1 tbsp.
- In a medium to small sauce-pan, boil water, once it reaches a rolling boil, add salt and allow it to return to boil.
- Add the julienned carrots to this and blanch for 2-3 minutes until softened or ¾ done.
- Run the carrots quickly under cold water to stop the cooking process (keep the cooking water for stock making or pulao).
- In a medium pan melt the butter/ oil on medium heat. Once hot add the carrots, honey, lime juice, salt, sugar/jaggery/honey and pepper.
- Toss quickly till carrots develop a delicate sheen.
- Switch off the heat and serve immediately along with any fresh herbs of your choice.