Kala chana is rich in protein and can help vegetarians overcome their protein deficiencies. It is also well known for boosting energy and is a perfect post workout snack. Owing to its high amount of dietary fibre, it aids in preventing digestive disorders and wards off constipation.
- Kala chana – handful
- Onion – 1 small
- Carrot – ½
- Chili powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Coriander powder- ½ teaspoon
- Lime juice – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Keep the kala chana for soaking overnight. Next morning, discard the water and pressure cook the chana using fresh water. Once the chana are soft, slightly mash them and add the chopped onion and carrots to it.
- Add red chili powder, coriander powder, salt, mix well and shape them into cutlets.
- In a pan, add a teaspoon of oil and shallow fry the cutlets till both sides are golden brown and crisp.
- Serve the cutlets warm with some mint dip.