From aiding in weight loss to boosting your immune system, Lobia (black eyed peas) are known for their delicious goodness. Lobia can be prepared in different ways. Lobia cutlets are a particular favorite when it comes to kids.
- 60 gms lobia [chowli]
- 1 tsp. chopped coriander leaves
- ½ tsp. chopped mint leaves
- ¼ tsp. chilli powder
- 1 small carrot finely chopped
- 1 tbsp onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- Salt to taste
- 1-2 tsp. oil
- Wash and soak Lobia in water overnight. Drain water and pressure cook for 2-3 whistles using fresh water. Once done, mash it and mix coriander leaves, mint leaves, chilli powder, finely chopped onion, carrot, lime juice and mix well.
- Divide the mixture and shape into cutlets.
- In a pan, add a teaspoon of oil and shallow fry the cutlets till both sides are golden brown and crisp.
- Serve the cutlets warm with some mint dip.