This unique dip can be served with vegetable sticks of carrot, cucumber or blanched broccoli florets. This dip is an excellent source of vitamin C and manganese. The antioxidants and plant compounds found in this dish benefit heart health and blood sugar control.
- 3 cups curd (of toned milk) – hung in a muslin cloth for an hour
- ¾ cup chopped strawberries
- ¼ cup chopped mint
- ¼ tsp sugar, salt to taste
- Tie the yogurt in a muslin cloth and hang it to drain for 1 hour (3 cups yogurt will give about 1 ½ cups hung yogurt).
- Blend strawberries for a few seconds to make a strawberry puree.
- Beat the yogurt till smooth.
- Mix strawberry puree, mint, salt and sugar to the beaten yogurt. Chill.
- Serve with peeled carrot and cucumber cut into slices and blanched broccoli florets with log stalks.