Basil seeds, In India popularly known as sabja seeds or falooda seeds, aid in controlling blood sugar and in dieters, it has the potential to help reduce appetite and food cravings and to keep weight loss efforts on track. Due to its carminative properties, it is used to treat many digestive disorders.
- Lemon- 1, large
- Sugar- 1 tsp (dissolve in ¼ cup warm water) OR honey
- Salt- pinch
- Black salt- ½ tsp (optional)
- Sabja seeds- 1 tbsp (sweet basil seeds)
- Water- 600 ml
- Wash the seeds well. In a bowl, add ⅓ cup lukewarm water and the washed and drained seeds. They will begin to swell within 15-30 mins of soaking. When you observe a transparent jelly like coating over the seed, they are ready for use.
- In a bowl, add juice of one lemon, sugar syrup, salt and black salt. Mix well. Add water and sabja seeds along with any left over water. Mix well.
- Pour into serving glasses, add ice cubes and serve.