This special high energy dish, is loaded with lots of flavor, nutrients, vitamins, and antioxidants. The high protein content in this dish makes it a good option for vegetarians to meet their daily protein needs. It is also known for its anti-inflammatory and disease-fighting prowess.
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- ½ bunch spinach – washed
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 100 gms chopped tomatoes
- 200 gms mushroom
- 1 ½ tsp basil
- 1 ½ tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the vegetable stock to a boil and add quinoa.
- Stir gently then reduce heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate saucepan, cook the spinach until tender, then drain water, chop and set aside.
- Add olive oil, garlic and onion to saucepan and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomato, mushrooms, spinach, basil & oregano and cook for a further 10-15 minutes on low heat.
- Add salt & pepper to taste. Combine the quinoa with the sauce and toss for a minute.
- Add salt and white pepper powder, stir in roasted almonds.
- Serve hot.