- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 70 gms palm jaggery (or sugarcane jaggery. If you can’t source jaggery you can use
- round 2 tbsp of sugar)
- 1 ripe or over ripe banana(the green ones are more flavourful but you can use
- whichever you like)
- 1 Cup room temperature water
- ¼ tspn salt
- Oil for frying
- With the back of a fork, mash the banana in a bowl.
- Add the wheat flour, salt, jaggery and water into the bowl.
- Whisk till all the ingredients come together to form a smooth paste (the batter should not be runny).
- Just heat 1 table spoons of oil or ghee on a non-stick pan (on medium flame).
- Once the oil is heated, add half a ladle of batter on the pan to form discs (if your pan is wide enough, you can make 3-4 filos at a time) & cover the pan with a lid.
- After exactly 3 minutes, take off the lid.
- Flip the filos and allow it to cook on the other side for another two minutes (not necessary to put the lid back on).
- Then transfer the filos on a kitchen paper napkin to drain off any excess oil and your filos are ready!
- Filos are best enjoyed when hot.