Most of us have had that ‘Monday morning’ feeling, when getting out of the bed feels like the end of the world! After the weekend bids a fond goodbye, most of our Mondays tend be sad, gloomy and tiring.
But don’t worry, help is at hand. With just a few mood-boosting additions to your diet, both your mood and energy levels can stay up all day.
- Dark Chocolate: For all those with a sweet tooth, snack on 2 squares of dark chocolate mid work. Chocolates that contain 70% of cocoa and over are not only fantastic mood boosters, they are also rich in anti-aging anti-oxidants.
- Protein Rich Sources: If you want to increase your mood-lifting dopamine levels a little more naturally, protein rich choices like cheese, eggs and chicken all contain the tryptophan amino acid that triggers the brain to produce the hormone. Dopamine and serotonin are linked with producing natural effects of euphoria and pleasure.
- Fruits: Fruits like pineapple, watermelon, blueberries and apples all act as an ideal pick-me-up, thanks to their ability to increase the dopamine and serotonin in the body.
- Go potassium: Low potassium levels have been linked with stress, irritability and tiredness, so any source of potassium will get you feeling calm and ready for anything in no time. Great sources of potassium can be found in avocados, dried fruit and dark chocolate.
- Water: Managing at least five glasses of water per day not only keeps the skin looking fresh and healthy, it also helps to fight feelings of fatigue. Increased tiredness is a common cause of dehydration. But if you’re not a big water fan, you can always add in slice of lemon and crushed ice for an extra kick.
- Beans and more: Most of us are often lost when it comes to Tiffin ideas. So adding foods like kidney beans, lentils, alfalfa broad beans to a mixed bean salad will not only go easy on the waistline, but will also keep you active.
Make sure to include these foods and have an Energetic Monday and a happy week ahead.