- 2 tbsp tur dal
- 2 tbsp yellow moong dal
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tsp desi ghee
- 1 medium carrots, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 pinch pepper powder
- 2 pinch of organic haldi powder
- ½ tsp Jeera
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tulsi leaves
- ½ tomato, deseeded
- 2 cups water or as per the requirement
- 1 tsp lime juice or as per taste
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak the dal for 7 hrs. in water.
- In a large utensil, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, onions, carrots and coriander leaves; cook and stir until onion is tender. Stir in bay leaf, tulsi leaves; cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in dals and add water and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for at least 1 hour. When ready to serve stir in chopped coriander leaves and Stir in lime juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.