Dengue fever can reduce one’s platelet count.
Here are some foods that can help in increasing the count:
1. Papaya leaf juice / papaya extract: Has the ability to increase platelet production in bone marrow. Wash the leaves, take out the center vein and crush leaves in a grinder. Add a little bit of water and consume every six hours, daily. Having half a cup of the extract, thrice a day is also good enough.
2. Wheatgrass: Is rich in chlorophyll which helps increase the count of red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets. Drink a cup of wheatgrass juice in order to increase the low platelet count.
3. Sesame Oil: The cold-pressed sesame oil is beneficial in increasing platelet count naturally. It reduces free radical damage, inflammation in the body and helps improve blood circulation. One tsp of high quality unrefined sesame oil twice a day can be consumed.
4. Amla: Indian goose berry or amla is a rich source of vitamin C which helps increase platelet count. It is also very effective in improving one’s immunity. It is advisable to drink amla juice twice a day.
5. Omega-3 fatty acids: These are found in foods like fish, eggs, walnut, flax seed and flax seeds oil, tuna, and wild salmon. Omega-3 fatty acid foods boost the immune system and can naturally increase one’s platelet count.
6. Pumpkin: Is vital in order to boost low platelet count. It is rich in vitamin A that helps support proper platelet development. It also regulates the proteins produced in cells which are important to raise the platelet level. One can have pumpkin soup or juice once a day.
7. Beetroot: Being high in natural antioxidant and haemostatic properties, beetroot can not only raise haemoglobin levels but also platelet count in a few days.
8. Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera gel stimulates macrophages that combat viruses and other foreign bodies. The antioxidants in aloevera make it an effective remedy when looking to increase low platelet count.
9. Giloy: the fresh stem is more effective than the dry one. The decoction of the fresh stem should be taken in an ounce 3 times a day.
10.Kiwi: There is scientific evidence to support those consuming 2-3 kiwis for 28 days can increase the efficiency of platelets as it contains 20 essential nutrients for platelet function. It also includes B6 which plays a vital role in increasing immune system function.