- 3 to 4 tbsp basmati brown rice
- 2 tsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 green chili chopped finely
- 3-4 curry leaves
- ½ cup red onion finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot add mustard seeds, Then add cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
- Then add green chili and curry leaves, let it cook for a minute.
- Then mix in onions and salt, cook till onion becomes soft
- Mix in turmeric and red chili powder.
- Add cooked rice and mix well
- Let the rice get heated through, turn off the stove.
- Add sugar if using, serve hot and garnish with coriander leaves.