With frequent dinners and parties, everyone wants to look their best. But late nights, over-exertion, use of cosmetics and make up, consumption of alcohol and unhealthy food takes a toll on our health and looks.
If you are looking for ways to look radiant, here are a few diet tips you can follow:
- Keep your skin hydrated by drinking plenty of water, 8-10 glasses a day are recommended.
- Consume foods that are rich in anti-oxidants like fruits and vegetables that help kick start your immune system.
- Include lots of high quality protein for cellular repair, like that found in fish and poultry; low glycemic carbohydrates including colorful fresh fruits and vegetables, beans, lentils and whole grains such as oatmeal.
- It’s not necessary to go low fat or fat free. Instead, choose healthy fats, such as those found in nuts, seeds, and olive oil.
- Avoid the saturated fats found in meats as well as the trans fats (margarine etc.) as these can be pro-inflammatory and have the opposite of the desired effect .
- Avoid excessive consumption of heavy, sugary and oily foods.
- Choose protein-rich foods, such as low fat yogurt or cottage cheese, as the protein will stick with you and help you feel full longer.